Wednesday 3 August 2016

A day with my flowery pants.



A great day always start off with a great breakfast! Not bluffing but the breakfast buffet in my hotel, (under my uncle's supervising) it was good. They served a lot of traditional Vietnamese dishes as we were still cracking our head googling what food must we try over here, they already served the real food for us. Of course without hesitating I tried most of it. One of the special ones should be the Vietnamese sticky rice, served with chicken floss on it. I personally like chicken floss and sticky rice very much, so yah. It's definitely a thumb up for this one from me!


First stop of the day : Independence Palace
In order to visit the museum you would need to purchase tickets, I could not remember the ticket price but it won't be more than MYR5. It's a cozy place with good view on top like blue skies and cotton candy clouds, and also good sunlight. But, I am not the kind who likes to research or study on history, on contrary I hate it so much. So basically I did not pay much attention on the information they provided in the museum, I literally just walked around with aimlessly and took some selfies whenever the lighting is great (I'm so sorry for being such apolitical). 


2nd stop of the day : Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica 
The cathedral was build back in 19th century, all using red bricks. We chilled at a park near the cathedral while my grandpa smoking (smoking is bad nah ah). While we were walking towards the cathedral which is located in the middle of a cross road. There was this beautiful park right at the roadside, and we had to walk pass it to reach the cathedral. There were some stalls selling street food at the park! YES, food. 


I really have to say, there are so so many kinds of street food in Vietnam! I've tried a few but i think there are endless to try! This one, was a really crunchy thing, but too bad I can't remember its name. See the white colour piece of thing? That's the crispy part of it, and inside there are some meats, spring onions etc. 


3rd stop of the day : Highlands Coffee Shop
 Highlands Coffee is just like Starbucks in our country, their shops are all over Vietnam. It is very easy to find. We tried Banh Mi, which is the bread. It's like Vietnamese Subway, but I don't really like it, because, hmm, there are raw onions and parsley and I'm like ewwwww. I will just focus on my drinks then. So one the left was the Green Tea Frap and on the right, their signature coffee. My fav - green tea *heart* ! It has some green tea jelly inside which makes it really special. A must try! Amazed by the space of our stomach? Dont be. Because you will be just the same like me, cannot even resist the food you see in Saigon.


Final stop of the day : Night Market (near Benh Thanh market)
Here we are, at one of the night markets in Saigon. I don't know what market is this called, but it's right beside Benh Thanh Market. Okay, so the original plan was, to visit Benh Thanh market. Benh Thanh Market is like the largest and a must visit place in Saigon. So I checked online saying that it is open 24 hours, and guess what happened? We reached the place at around 9pm, thinking of spending the rest of the night being a shopaholic. Aha, and 10 minutes after I stepped in the market, people started to pack up and clean their stalls. I was like, errr...? Apparently, what I saw online was a total contrary with what was happening right at that moment. There and then we found out another night market was about to open haha, lucky us! But most of the stalls are selling the same type of goods, hmm but worth a walk. 


So that's basically what we did on 2nd of the trip! Stay tuned for more hoho. Two swaggers spotted at the park, xo. 


Love,
Betty. 



No comments:

Post a Comment